Sunday 18 January 2009

100 Novels you must read - Crime

Currently the Guardian and its sister newspaper are running a series called “1000 novels Everyone Must Read”. The series is intending to cover Love, Crime, Comedy, Family & self, State of the Nation, Science Fiction & Fantasy, War & Travel.

The crime section is of course quite eclectic and even I have to say that I am quite impressed with the selection of books that they have come up with. I am also pleased by the fact that most of the books on the list I have either got or read or both! There are also a number of books on the list that I am going to have to hunt down and read as a result. However, I am sure that there will be those who will not only be fuming at some of the books that have been excluded as well as the books that are on the list.

Personally there is only one book that I would have liked to see on the list and that is Val McDermid’s A Place of Execution.

The list of crime novels can be found here :-
http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/series/1000novels

So what books would you like to have seen on the list and are there any books on the list that you think should not have made the cut?

No comments: